Friday 20 January 2012

How did it all start ?

Salam,

 I love cooking. Well, to be honest, I love food. Before I left home and came to Scotland (hint the kilt ;) ), I never cooked, why would I?  I had an amazing cook, who I call Omi (mom in Arabic). (God bless her she is a wonderful cook!) Okay I know, everyone thinks his mother is a great cook, but trust me my mother's food is different.  It is brilliant.

You must be saying, "okay this guy loves food, and his mother is a good cook, so why is he cooking then?"  Well, my mother is in Libya and I'm in Edinburgh. And I couldn't find a restaurant that could replace my mother's home food. Don't get me wrong, some restaurants had very delicious food, but there was something missing.  Home food has something special in it.  I couldn't just live on restaurant food! I had to learn how to cook, and after a while I discovered that I actually love cooking.

 So join me in my cooking adventure, and if you happen to be near by please do come and taste some of what I cook!

6 comments:

  1. well done Hamid .. we are waiting just staaaaart ^_^

    Hend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) .. I am still thinking .. which meal to start with ? easy simple one I first learned, or harder ones I learned after that ?!

      Delete
    2. I would go with easy simple! That way you can demonstrate the process and just keep building up your amazingness as each post tops the one before it. ;)

      -Anna

      Delete
  2. Hmmm exciting... :p Can't wait! :) OMNOMNOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you send us a couple of recipes you've used at past CDWM dinners so we could do a post about you? Thanks! CDWM committee

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I have to say that I love the new layout! It makes me hungry. :P

    ReplyDelete